Introducing The Pandora Retro Gaming System
Check this thing out – it’s about the size of a DS, it comes with 4 buttons, analog thumbsticks, a D-Pad and a QWERTY keyboard, and a mighty generous 4.3 inch (same size as the PSP) 800×480 touchscreen. It’s called the Pandora and is designed primarily as a gaming device for all those great emulators, but I can see this thing creating a whole new market of sub-sub-sub notebooks all on its own!
Here are the specs of the wee beast:
- Processor: Texas Instruments OMAP3430 (said to be roughly equivalent to the Gamecube’s CPU)
- RAM: 128MB DDR
- GPU: PowerVR SGX
- 256MB of internal flash, with 2 SDHC slots for storage
- 800×480 5:3 aspect ratio touchscreen LCD
- S-Video & Composite TV-Out
- 802.11g Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Debian-based Linux OS
Looks like this thing’s shaping up to be a serious competitor to the mighty GP2X, as well as the DS and even some of those silly little internet browsing things you occasionally see these days. The Pandora is supposedly shipping in April of this year for around £199 ($320) ex. VAT.